Thursday, August 18, 2011

8 - K.I.S.S. Computing

God's Computer Manual 

Keep It Simple, Stupid!” has been voiced in my hearing more than I can remember. It does remind me that anyone can string lots of words together. There are those high-minded people who can use words far above our language levels that only serve to annoy and confuse.

Some years ago roadside signs were more pleasurable than today, as were the Berma-Shave signs. A series of 6 to 8 signs with a couple words on each sign gave the passerby a thought, verse, or rule to live by. The style of these signs has made great effect on my authoring through the years.

The book in Proverbs in the Bible uses much of this KISS principle in guiding you and I toward a life more pleasing to God.

The gospel according to Mark, compared to the other gospels, is smaller in text because he wrote about our Savior to the Romans who were military-minded and always on the move.

A verse comes to mind in Ecclesiastes 5:2: 
Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

 Psalms 71:18
Godscomputermanual.com

No comments: